Travel & Visa Info

 Travel and Visa Information
The Web site below will help you determine if you need a VISA to visit Hong Kong. If you do please apply for your VISA as early as possible.
VISA Assistance Letters
The IEEE Communications Society can provide you with a VISA assistance letter to you after you register for your conference. 
Authors of the Main Conference and Workshops
  • Authors needing VISA assistance letters can download them from EDAS.
  • Log into EDAS site, and find your paper.
  • Toward the bottom of the page, you will find in the properties column the words "visa letter", and beside it, an image of an envelope outlined in yellow.
  • Click on this envelope, and you will be able to confirm or change your address information reflected in the letter.
  • Then the system will generate the letter for your use.
  • If you have any problems, please click the help tab in the EDAS system.
  • Authors need to indicate in EDAS that they are "presenters" in order to access the VISA assistance letters.   
  • If you need a hard copy letter sent to you, please complete the form at, there is a $25 USD mailing fee for hard copy requests.

Everyone Else